Monster Hunter Freedom 2 is the English equivalent of Monster Hunter Portable 2nd released in Japan. MHF2 marks the first time Second Generation monsters from Monster Hunter 2 appear in a world-wide release, revealing their english names. Template:-
- Major gameplay improvements compared to Monster Hunter Freedom.
- Most content ported from Monster Hunter 2, except for Yama Tsukami.
- 3 new monsters, Giadrome, Tigrex and Akantor.
- All weapon classes available in MH2.
- Downloadable Quests and Poogie costumes.
- Farm point system changed, they are now obtained from gathering quests and delivering special items.
- Unlike MH2, time is fixed, the time in which a quest takes place can be seen while accepting it.
- No G-rank Quests.
- Farming is improved, Mining, Bug Gathering and Fishing don't consume the player's tools and bait, Honey, Mushroom and Plant farming uses a Quest Reward-like item box menu that allows you to send farmed materials directly to the Item Box.
- New Training School options.
- Treasure quests can now be played with one player.
- The Tower has been redesigned, the large arena became its own area rather than a blocked-off path.
Monster Hunter Dual Pack
It is available in GameStop for $14.99.